Friday, January 29, 2010

Here is my very first poem ever!!!

Ocean

The ocean is fierce, waves crashing against the shore

The sound wakens me and I am lulled to the water

I hear nothing but the waves, fast and strong

But I no longer feel fear, only joy as I sing a song

My voice is lost, the waves beating against the shore

I can feel cool liquid against my skin as I sing

Somewhere a seagull calls, flying high above

It too is also singing a lovely song

As it sours through the cloudless sky

Together we sing a song that is not harmony

But is beautiful just the same

Me, the bird and the waves of the ocean

Each with our own voice.

One soft and timid, one loud and shrill

And one angry and fierce

And as I look out over the never ending water

The waves are beautiful, crashing against the shore

And I am not afraid of them anymore.


1 comment: